Mr P's SMART Board

One teacher's record of the implementation of a SMART Board Interactive whiteboard into a primary school classroom. For links see the Simply Science FURL. For science education try Simply Science site. For ICT check out My Other Blog. For one with the lot then go to my Suprglu archive.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What Have I Been Doing?

Because I came across an interesting video today, I checked in here again for the first time in a long time and realised that it has been almost a year since I have posted on the SMART Board blog. Rest assured I have not been lost, lazy or anything in between, it is just that most of my blogging has been done over at My Other Blog which deals with more Web 2.0 based stuff. This has taken up much of my focus alongside of the fact that I have had to move rooms and have not had such regular access to the board as in the past couple of years.

Having said that I have come across a couple of really interesting sites that any IWB user should check out. The first is the SmartBoards Lesson Podcast which is a weekly program that has discussion and guest presenters who describe how they use their SmartBoards as well as links to web based and other resources that might be useful to use with the boards. In the hosts own words,

"The purpose of this site is to accompany a free podcast that focuses on using SMART Boards in the classroom. Each episode will feature a lesson, a podcast, and user comments. The hosts, Joan Badger and Ben Hazzard, have been recognized as Canadian & International Innovative Teachers by Microsoft, SMART Exemplary Educators and Conference Presenters on the use of SMARTBoards in the classroom. Joan teaches Grade 6 and provides professional development for teachers in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. Ben has taught from Grades 4 through 7 in Brampton, Ontario, Canada and then Sarnia, Ontario, Canada. The goal of this podcast to share lesson ideas that use technology to engage students in learning with a focus on SMARTBoard Interactive Whiteboards between educators."

Another interesting resource from eSchool News Online is a video excerpt from the recent CoSN annual conference in San Francisco, where a panel of ed-tech experts debated whether interactive whiteboards are worth the investment. An interesting discussion indeed.

For Aussie teachers an important conference to put in the diary is the annual IWBnet conference to be held at Emmanuel College, Birmingham Road, Carrara, Gold Coast Queensland 4211 on Thursday 30, Friday 31 August and Saturday 1 September 2007. The previous 2 year's conferences have been extremely successful and this year's program looks just as jam packed. I will be there....................

42 Comments:

Blogger Graham said...

John, I've found it hard to maintain my own IWB blog as well. At times, I've thought about merging my best posts from Activboarding back into my main blog and winding it up, especially as I've waxed lyrical on several occasions on TGZ in a category there. There aren't many subscribers and odds are they are subscribed to both - why do you keep a separate blog? I suppose it doesn't hurt to author stuff in various places around the web. It keeps me in touch with the Blogger interface. I've often wondered about the IWB conference - I just wonder about 2/3 days focussed on just one form of technology might be too much - after all, there isn't an iPod conference (or is there?) for educators...

7:48 PM  
Blogger tinkerbellchime said...

Hi. A SmartBoard was placed in my room about a year ago. I enjoy having it and have been making a lot of presentations to go with it, but I haven't been able to create all I need. The potential is there, but with a large class I'm donating time like Mother Teresa. It's a fun creative process, but a real time sinkhole. I teach adult ESL students, and their responses are mixed.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Jim Hollis said...

I truly wish you kept up with your Smart Board blog but I enjoy your other blog very much. It's got some great information for teachers like me.

I started my Smart Board blog called Teachers Love SMART Boards to help the teachers I'm working with stay excited about using their new Smartboards.

Thanks for sharing the Smart Board Podcast site. I'll be sure to pass it along in my blog as well as your "My Other Blog."

Cheers!

Jim

9:27 AM  
Blogger Himanshu said...

Thanks for sharing the podcast site. I have recently developed likings for interactive digital whiteboards, specially when i saw one in my new company. It is a really good tool. Unfortunately i never got the chance to see or use it during my school days.

11:57 PM  
Blogger 想想 said...

你怎麼能經過一片海,而忘記它的藍?.........................

9:08 PM  
Blogger 開心唷 said...

may the blessing be with you.........................................

11:29 AM  
Blogger 于雅慧毓 said...

Rome was not built in a day......................................................

5:25 PM  
Blogger 瑜吟 said...

能付出愛心就是福;能消除煩惱就是慧。........................................

9:46 AM  
Blogger CelsaNajar0998 said...

讓好心情回味發酵;壞心情留在文字裡隨時間消逝吧!........................................

7:24 PM  
Blogger 珮均 said...

先將一個人的生活過好,才有能力過好兩個人的生活 ..................................................

9:52 PM  
Blogger 品華yur1095is_newson1 said...

謝謝您的分享~感恩唷!!..................................................

12:53 PM  
Blogger 千惠千惠 said...

無一事而不學,無一時而不學,無一處而不學。.............................................

10:09 AM  
Blogger 佩怡 said...

enjoy your artical, thank you ........................................

9:11 PM  
Blogger NealVa憲妤 said...

亞洲東洋影片go2av 18美女成人網 UT視訊美女交友 A片 - A片-情色網 免費視訊聊天fairy 情人080百分百成人圖片 影音聊天fm358 美女交友artdab 熟女人影片 制服淫窟 嘟嘟情人色網 utshow 視訊聊天 獸皇影片分享區 104av成人音影城 後宮視訊交友 sex520貼片,日本av女優,色美眉,sex,成人 免費線上影片觀看 洪爺護士免費 aa 片 173liveshow 視訊美女 0401成人聊天室 utobe影片 hichannel免費影視 情色視訊影音聊天 人之初貼圖區 plus論壇玩美女人影音秀 85cc情人影城 UT影音視訊聊天室 援交友留言 avonline免費a片 85cc免費av影片 情色免費成人avdvd電影 A片-殺很大 檳榔西施摸奶圖片 成人情色,性愛自拍 亞洲藝人情人視訊網 fdz論壇 情人視訊網 d736 uthome 視訊聊天室 sex888入口情色小遊戲 後宮 視訊聊天 免費視訊辣妹情人視訊網 kk俱樂部wmti 無碼dvd一本道a片 視訊美女 視訊ggo 素人自拍et免費影片下載 hilive-免費視訊 a383girl影音 45avdvd免費影片 免費視訊聊天fm358

9:11 PM  
Blogger Tro0223y_Millan said...

到處盡心,即為快事;舉步踏實,便是坦途。 ..................................................

3:41 AM  
Blogger 哲宇皓云 said...

Better say nothing than nothing to the purpose. ....................................................

4:11 PM  
Blogger Dorath政儒yN_ said...

才華在逆境中展現,在順境中被掩藏。..................................................

11:03 PM  
Blogger sdas said...

xh美色網 免費a片下載嘟嘟情人色網影片 av,sex520免費影片 完全免費視訊聊天 777美女dvd辣妹視訊 免費視訊celia aio交友視訊愛情館 西門慶成人論壇 台中酒店S援交 sex888影片分享區高中生援交 一葉情貼影片區 1314視訊 情人線上aa片試看嘟嘟 情人視訊網a 妹妹視訊 情色網成人電影 xxxholic次元魔女 成人文學小弟弟貼影片區 亞亞成人館 ut成人聊天室 微風成人 go2av免費看影片 104黑色會美眉自慰 日本同志色教館情色文學成人小說 34c視訊辣妹美女sex888免費電影 情色視訊論壇 0204貼圖區免費色情電影 成人貼圖站 交友ggo 免費影片下載a gogo2sex日本 拓網交友視訊美女 080情人網伊利論壇 一本道 a片 東京熱免費成人影片觀賞 交友ggoo 夜未眠影片中心 34c情人視訊網 一夜情性 情色視訊 美女 亞洲禁果名模影城 日本av論壇 台南視訊34c美女館 bt論壇交友網成人情色視訊妹 免費情人視訊 性愛電影85cc 聊天室交友whei 38girl視訊美女 aa免費影片 獨秀視訊聊天室 av730美眉共國 辣妹哈啦聊天室

3:28 PM  
Blogger 志易 said...

要照顧身體歐~保重

12:43 PM  
Blogger LesW_Saulsbu信豪 said...

人不能像動物一樣活著,而應該追求知識和美德....................................................................

2:57 AM  
Blogger 峻帆峻帆峻帆 said...

Quality is better than quantity.................................................................

2:50 PM  
Blogger 貴寶 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。............................................................

12:29 AM  
Blogger 婷珊 said...

與其期盼別人疼你,不如自己疼自己。..................................................

3:03 AM  
Blogger 吳婷婷 said...

Share and share alike.............................................................

8:09 AM  
Blogger 陳韋夏陳韋夏益東富益東富 said...

累了嗎?來杯咖啡休息一下吧!............................................................

2:42 PM  
Blogger 萬宇萬宇 said...

偶爾上來逛逛,下次不知是否還有緣再進來,先祝您平安順利!!!............................................................

9:34 PM  
Blogger 芸茂芸茂 said...

good, excellent, nice job!!............................................................

12:38 PM  
Blogger 家榮家榮 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份............................................................

5:41 AM  
Blogger 姚宜潔 said...

Readiness is all.............................................................

8:32 PM  
Blogger 吳淑芬吳淑芬 said...

今天心情很好..你心情好嗎?..................................................................

5:05 PM  
Blogger 惠敏謝 said...

More haste, less speed..................................................................

7:41 PM  
Blogger 蕭劉明倫松恬 said...

良好的開端,已是成功的一半。..................................................

10:51 PM  
Blogger 文岳仲君 said...

人生就像一顆核桃,必須敲破它,才會顯出他的內容。......................................................

5:52 PM  
Blogger 偉曹琬 said...

旁觀自己的悲傷是解脫,主觀自己的悲傷是更加悲傷................................................

1:29 PM  
Blogger 吳淑惠吳淑惠吳淑惠吳淑惠 said...

人生中最好的禮物就是屬於自己的一部份............................................................

1:30 PM  
Blogger 俊王美 said...

死亡是悲哀的,但活得不快樂更悲哀。............................................................

9:31 PM  
Blogger tongtong said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

12:13 PM  
Blogger Eric said...

Recently I started a blog about new technology and technology news, especially as regards the classroom. Do you have any advice for keeping the blog both relevant and interesting?

Also, I really want to do an adjoining podcast or videocast to go along with it. I'm wondering whether it should repeat the same content (but presented in a different format) or not: my concern is that I don't have enough time to make essentially two different logs and productions. Advice there?

I posted an article today on how I've been using my Smart Board lately to enhance content literacy (I teach 6th grade English). Students use it to write and present narratives as a way of anticipating reading a related text. We had major success! If you want to read about it, hop along to: http://glowsandbeeps.blogspot.com/2010/11/smart-board-literacy-get-students-to.html

5:20 AM  
Blogger amberdixie17 said...

Thanks very much, I appreciate you making this article available, the rest of the site is also well done. Have a great day! painting house

9:17 AM  
Blogger Lester King said...

You have never posted again for a long time. I guess you're busy with your other blog. I hope you will update this again very soon. More power!

Get your kalamazoo electronic cigarettes now!

4:12 PM  
Blogger amberdixie17 said...

I usually don’t read and post in Blogs but your blog forced me to, great work. Spectacular! Key Charms

5:07 PM  
Blogger Lester King said...

Hello could I quote some of the insight from this entry if I link back to you? sauna hot tub

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home