Mr P's SMART Board

One teacher's record of the implementation of a SMART Board Interactive whiteboard into a primary school classroom. For links see the Simply Science FURL. For science education try Simply Science site. For ICT check out My Other Blog. For one with the lot then go to my Suprglu archive.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Whatz Happening???

A quiet week this week, what with the AIM test and all that we didn't get to use the board a lot. I did manage "quelle horreurs" to draw on the SMARTBoard with a normal whiteboard marker, (honest sir it must have just jumped into my hand). You could almost feel the air move as the children drew a collective breath to see what would happen next. Thankfully there was nothing to worry about as the small black marks soon disappeared with the application of the duster. I also did come across a nice site that others might like into where you can access some interesting QuickTime movies and other interactives at Teacher's Domain. The site is a multimedia digital library for the classroom that provides learning experiences in ways no textbook can. You do need to register but this is free and well worth it.

If you are interested in Maths Strategy Games, I have just uploaded to my Simply Science site in the Other section, three maths strategy games written in Macromedia Flash that you can play online, (I've used our SMARTBoard Interactive Whiteboard to introduce the games and play them as a group activity), or also download as a playing board written in Word for playing off-line. See what you think at http://home.bellaireps.vic.edu.au/students/Simply_Science/
Maths_Games/Maths_default.htm

Another exciting event was the final installation of the other three boards. The Grade 1-2's in particular were most impressed. Everywhere I went out in the yard I was greeted by smiling faces of children saying thanks for making their SMARTBoard work, (in truth I had only a marginal role in the installation). Ms P. was even more ecstatic hardly moving away from it for the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home